At the Center for Science of Information, our mission is to advance science and technology through a new quantitative understanding of the representation, communication, and processing of information in biological, physical, social, and engineered systems. We aim to do this through the following goals:
- Integrative research: Create a shared intellectual space, integral to the center's activities, providing a collaborative research environment that crosses disciplinary and institutional boundaries.
- Education, human resources, and diversity: Integrate cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research and education efforts across the center to advance the training and diversity of the work force.
- Knowledge transfer: Develop effective mechanisms for interactions between the center and external stakeholders to support the exchange of knowledge, data, and the application of new technologies.
- Leadership and management: Accomplish the center's mission through inspirational leadership, inclusive and transparent decision-making, catalyzing new research opportunities, and facilitating collaborative efforts.
- Ethics: Implement a multidisciplinary and multi-institutional program to inform and guide all members of the center on the ethical and responsible conduct of scientific research.